Pink. Salty. Sweet. This is the perfect cocktail and is as common as the Margarita in Mexico. This recipe will cleanse your guest's palates and grapefruits are in season - so get squeezing! This is a lover's drink.
- 5.5 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 ounces Bahnez mezcal
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- splash of sparkling soda
- Prepare a highball glass by dipping the rim into 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice, and then dipping it into the salt. Fill the glass with crushed ice
- Mix the remaining grapefruit juice, mezcal, lime juice, sugar in a shaker. Shake until combined.
- Pour over the ice and pour a splash of sparkling soda. Garnish with a grapefruit or lime wedge.